What is it?
- A nutrition counselling approach that teaches individuals how to eat, with an awareness of internal signals of hunger and satiety for improved wellbeing.
- The approach appreciates and encourages body diversity – healthy bodies come in all shapes and sizes.
- Weight or body shape change is neither a goal nor an expected outcome of treatment.
- The focus is on encouraging self-directed health enhancing behaviours, without focusing on the scale.
- It promotes the enjoyment of all foods – no restrictive eating or cutting out certain foods.
- It is person and wellbeing centred – focusing on an individual’s relationship with food and feeding their body.
- There is no counting of energy intake or meal plans.
- A calm, relaxed and non-judgemental attitude towards eating therapy that enables an individual to experience food without guilt or anxiety.
Is it right for you?
Are you: Confused about how to eat?
Do you: Have weight or eating concerns?
Feel stuck by “food rules”?
Eat to avoid painful emotions or when upset?
Feel judged, stigmatised or shamed because of your weight and/or the way you eat?
Have an existing chronic disease?
Have a history of dieting to “control” your weight?
This approach can help you find a calm and non-judgemental way of relating to food, feeding yourself and enhance your abilities in taking care of your body for optimal health and wellbeing.